Do you ever feel like you just can't measure up to everyone else out there in blogland - like they have such beautiful, perfect lives?


In a conversation with some friends the other night, I realized that most people on blogs only post the Good, not the Bad and the Ugly.



So, here's a little Bad and Ugly for ya:
This isn't even the worst our living has ever looked! And you can't see the dust on those bookshelves. Oh, and funny looking dark carpet on the bottom corner? That's soaking wet water from a leaking air conditioner. It's been like that since Monday, and no matter how many times I suck up the water with our carpet cleaner, it keeps coming back!

Oh, the kitchen. My downfall. I can't ever keep my table clean. Ever. Of course a sink full of dirty dishes is the norm around here, too. And you can't see the dirty pot on the stove from dinner, a few nights ago! However, there is a pretty vase of pink roses in beautiful bloom that my son picked out for me at the grocery store on Monday.

Oh wait, scratch that. We weren't doing Good, were we?

Anways, go feel better about yourselves now!

4 comments:

Thanks for being real Erin. My kitchen never is clean and we always have toys and clutter at our house. A blog I read has been doing a tour of homes where you show a different room each week and I have not participated because mine is so messy.

Saturday, 27 June, 2009  

You're so cute, Erin. I can't wait to see you!

Sunday, 28 June, 2009  

i will come clean again...

Monday, 29 June, 2009  

I was noticing recently that 90% of my pictures have a basket of unfolded laundry sitting in the background.

Friday, 03 July, 2009  

Newer Post Older Post Home