I'm a big boy now!

As I write this post, Andrew is taking his first nap in his big boy bed! Well, he's actually screaming, but that's normal for him. He always screams when I first put him down for a nap. Last night we rearranged Andrew's room a little so that he could start sleeping in his big boy bed. Thanks goes to the Klinglers for their full size mattress set. Eventually, we will break down Andrew's crib and use it for the head board and foot board, but we decided to leave it up for the time being, just in case...

So, his first night in the big boy bed - he cried a little when we left him, then we heard him playing a little, then he was quiet.
But about 10:00, his door opened. Now, luckily we'd put a gate up at his door for just this reason. He stood there calling for us and asking to open the gate for about half an hour. Then, he started playing again. I peeked at him around 11:00 and he was sitting on the side of the bed reading books. This was great except for the fact that it was 11:00 and his door was wide open! I drifted off to sleep, but woke up at 12:45 and checked on him. Fast asleep with book and stuffed animals all around. I would have taken a picture, but I really didn't want to risk waking him up. So I just quietly shut his door.


I woke up this morning at 8:30 (well, 2:00 am then 5:00am with Corinne) and he was awake, standing at his gate. When I got him out, he was Mr. Proud of Myself and happy as could be.

Uh oh - he's still screaming and trying to get his door open. But I put one of those door knob protectors on the inside so he can't turn the knob and open it. Sneaky mommy! Cross your fingers that he eventually falls asleep!



3 comments:

wow... we've been thinking about Deron going to a big boy bed.. but then go the days of confinement! :) I guess we could try the gate at the door and the door knob thingies (nice touch!), we'll see. Good luck!

Thursday, 26 July, 2007  

Ooooohhhh...good job. I'm inspired.

Friday, 27 July, 2007  

Do I see Andrew in big boy underwear too?

Big Strides - just wait till he learns how to break apart that door knob thingy like his cousin Clara...

Wonder if it will be that easy with Ash and the paci????

Staci

Saturday, 28 July, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home