Update

With Corinne sleeping in our room still, I'm finding it hard to blog during the day. I usually do it while she and Andrew are napping in the afternoon, but now it wakes her up when I type. Why is she still in our room you ask??? Well, she tends to sleep better in her pack and play rather than her crib, so we just haven't moved her out yet. All this to say that I'm posting a rather long and random post.


ANDREW:
1. Did not like the fireworks at all!! In fact, he was so frightened that he started crying and when he was taken inside, ran into a corner and did not come out until fireworks were over. Granted, we were pretty close to them and when they started it scared him. This was expected b/c he has startled and scared so easily since he was a baby - he's always been afraid of loud noises.


2. He is still doing great swimming! He loves to go under "by himself" - this is him standing and then dipping under water.


3. He wants to do everything himself, so all through the day we hear, "I can do it myself." This has now included making his own PB&J sandwich on top of brushing his teeth, feeding himself, putting DVD's in, drinking from our cups instead of his sippy cups, and several others.


4. Besides his question of "Whaddya doin?" we know hear "What's that?" a lot - Clark says we are just one step away from hearing "Why?" all the time. Oh boy...

5. Loves hugging and trying to hold Corinne

6. Drums on everthing with anything like even remotely could be used as a drumstick - crayons, chopsticks, pens (his favorite), toothbrushes


CORINNE:
1. Had her 4 month check-up and weighs 17 lbs 1 oz (94%) and is 26.5 in long (96%). She's big!


2. Gagged on tylenol and the rotateq vaccine big time!


3. Is rolling from back to tummy all the time, and scooching all around - already!


4. Reaches out for all kinds of things, including my hair.


5. Is starting to laugh, which her Daddy will do anything for and totally adores.


6. Wakes up in the middle of night and pops her head up to smile at me. Argghhhh!


CLARK:
1. Is in his second week of the second year of residency - this means he is just focusing on anesthesia, finally! He loves it, which makes a big difference in the stress level of our household.


2. Encourages Andrew to kick his beach ball really hard inside the house...


3. Has finally gotten over the newness of his Ipod Nano which was his Father's Day present.


4. Finally got the mole by his ear to stop bleeding after he nicked it shaving the night before last.


5. Keeps recording and watching Battlestar Galactica even though everytime we watch it he says, "This show sucks."



ERIN:
1. I'm getting used to Clark being on call every 4th night.

2. I'm teaching myself how to crochet b/c my great-grandmother did it and I want to carry on the tradition of afghans and stockings.

3. Have not figured out how to get Andrew to let me brush his teeth everyday.

4. Love watching Corinne figure out the world around her and enjoy her big brother.

5. Am amazed at how well Andrew is communicating and understanding.

6. Trying to figure out how to lose weight while eating cookies as an afternoon snack...

5 comments:

This was such a fun post! I love the whole-family updates.

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007  

What a big girl. Katherine di dnot hit 17 pounds until between her 12 and 15 month check up! My niece is 16 lbs at 4 months.

Let me know if the cookie snack diet works out for you. I like that diet as well.

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007  

It's about time you posted. It sounds like all of our kids are "maturing" while we blink (if you read my blog). IT's scary how fast things change.
Loved the blog! Tell Andrew and Corrine their Aunt Staci from another country loves them!!!
~Staci

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007  

great post! you're kids are too cute! I liked the updates on you and Clark too, so funny. :)

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007  

Eating cookies in the afternoon and trying to lose weight???? hhhmmm, when you figure that one out, let me know. Maybe ride a stationary bike and eat the cookie~one cookie.

Sunday, 16 September, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home