(to the tune of Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff's hit song)


I feel the need to blog a little about Andrew because I've been posting so much about Corinne. I have been determined to make this a fun summer for Andrew b/c we missed out on so much last summer due to being so ill with pregnancy. For this reason we are also sort of postponing potty training - who wants to stay home on a toilet all morning long when you can be out swimming or playing with friends?! Psh!

We started the summer by going to the Petting Zoo that Irving has had since I was a little girl. Grammy (Clark's mom) met us there and they had a lot of fun looking at the animals together.
The next fun thing we did was go toNRH2O in North Richland Hills. It was so fun and Andrew loved it! My mom is now and employee for the city of NRH, so we are getting summer passes to the waterpark.
Andrew and I also took swim lessons for 2 weeks through the city of Irving. He had so much fun and really took to the water, which made me glad because I swam competitively growing up and even in college for a year. Now, he doesn't "know how" to swim yet, but he is comfortable with the water and loves to go under and "crawl" along the wall of the pool. I have no pictures of swim lessons because I had to get in the water with him!
Andrew is also having lots of fun time playing with his friends this summer. He especially loves Quade, which he tells me almost everytime he sees pictures of Quade or after we've been with Quade and "Feather," his mommy (Heather).
We went to the Dallas Zoo with some good friends, which was fun because Andrew got to walk around outside of the stroller. He did so good staying with us and doing what I asked him to do. A unique day in our lives. The kiddos loved splashing in the water area! This was the closest we got to a group shot.
We also went as a family to a concert at the Dallas Arboretum. We met Pops and Caro there to see one of their favorite groups - Trout Fishing in America. Its two men, one extremely short and one extremely tall, who play fun family music. We had a great time and Andrew had fun drumming along. The Broyles family was there with some friends from Northwest and actually found us in the crowd. So they sat close by.


Andrew has also been spending a lot of time with my niece Ashley, who is only 6 months older than Andrew. They really are getting along so well and crack us all up. Ashley finally has somebody she can boss around since she is the youngest in her family. They're wearing OR hats that Clark brought home from the hospital.

BONUS: at the concert at the Arboretum, a celebrity came and sat right in front of us with his family. If you watch Channel 8, you will recognize news anchor Jeff Brady in the picture below. I am an avid Channel 8 watcher and a very loyal viewer at that. It was very exciting for me that his family was sitting, literally, right in front of us!! I pretended to take a picture of Clark and Andrew playing in the distance, but I really getting a shot of Jeff Brady!!



4 comments:

what a fun summer! what a fun mom!:)

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  

Oh my gosh! Jeff Brady???! He is all the rage here in Little Rock.

Just kiddin'. But that is an awesome summer. I can think of only one thing you're missing...

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  

Jeff Brady - I knew I recognized that guy. I just figured they went to our church or something but I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

I have a great pic of your family from the Arbo. I will email it to you so you can add it to the post.

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  

great pictures! thanks for sharing!

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home