Hello (bloggy) world!

I'm sorry. I really have no excuse for not blogging in so long. Some days I haven't had the mental energy to post anything, and other days I get completely sidetracked the moment I sit down at the computer, and still other days I just plain don't feel like posting anything.

But I do appreciate your patience with me. I hope I'll be posting more regularly from now on.


I have so many adventures to catch you up on! Like, back in March we took the kids to Sea World and I haven't even posted about it yet! Plus there are lots of other goofy everyday things to tell you about it.

Like this:

I bought "The 30 Day Shred" by the Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels. It's really hard, but a great workout. The kids have fun doing parts of it, and I feel more motivated when Andrew is trying his hardest to do jumping jacks right along with me.

One day he said, "Let's do Level 2, Mom!" and I was like, "That's the right attitude Andrew! Let's do it!"

Bad decision. It kicked my butt.


Besides being motivated to workout, I've gotten back on the sewing bandwagon. I bought a cute pattern for Corinne months ago, but I've been hesitant to sew anything from it. I've never actually sewn anything from a pattern before. I mostly just wing it. But I have been so impressed with myself after making this:


It was so easy, and she can wear it with so many of the random shorts she has. I picked that fabric because of all the colors it includes. Plus, she loves it! Next up, an easy skirt that I'm almost done with made from some embroidered orange material, another shirt like this made with yellow fabric to go with some hand-me-down pants, and hopefully a dress! I'll keep you updated!


3 comments:

wow, Erin! I'm definitely impressed. Really! And I'm glad you're working out- not that I think you need it- but I know it'll help give you clarity and peace and feelings of accomplishment. It always does for me at least. :)
See you sometime,
your fellow stay at home mom!!

Friday, 15 May, 2009  

Ha, you are doing the 30 day shred too! :D its a beast but i am starting to see results! Fun too, because my girls like to do it with me.

You inspire me to learn to sew. I need to w/ these 3 girls of mine. ;)

Sunday, 17 May, 2009  

That top turned out perfectly!! You rock!

Sunday, 17 May, 2009  

Newer Post Older Post Home