Sea World - Part I

Our decision to go to Sea World might be considered a hasty one. Or a bad one. Or a crazy one.

We decided we'd go down Wednesday, stay the night, do Sea World on Thursday, and come home straight from the park around mid-afternoon. We knew that would be asking a lot of the kids, but I don't think I fully realized how high my level of frustration would, or could, get. But more on that in a minute.

I tried to head off some of the tantrums in the car by borrowing my sister's DVD players. I also decided to make "special" treat bags to whip out when it looked like we might be headed for a meltdown.

The ride down was pleasant, checking in to our hotel was pleasant, even getting ready to swim at the hotel pool was fun. Here are the kids in all their excitement - literally climbing the walls!

It was tons of fun swimming! Andrew quickly remembered most of what he learned last summer and was doing great. Corinne, the crazy one, kept trying to keep us from holding her and was jumping off the side before we were ready to catch. Oh, it was a blast.
For about twenty minutes.
Then, it happened. (Que the "Jaws" music) Dadum. Dadum. Dadum dadum dadum!
Andrew pooped in the pool!
It was so frustrating. Poor Clark had to reach down and pick it up bare-handed. Needless to say, we left with Andrew screaming about how he wanted to swim and that he really didn't need to poop, etc. Corinne was crying because she was having so much fun and didn't want it to end. Then we spent about forty-five minutes keeping Andrew on the potty trying to get him to poop.
You can only imagine what we were thinking at this point - what had we done? What sort of day were we going to have at Sea World if Andrew wouldn't poop. Fortunately, I knew we were having these issues and had brought several changes of clothes.
But, it gets better. We went to eat dinner, came back and got ready for bed. I'll spare you the ordeal that was. Suffice it say that about 9:30pm, when Corinne had finally stopped screaming for me and was giving up, Andrew was just dozing off on the pull out couch with me next to him, then the fire alarm in the hotel went off.
It stopped after about 5 seconds, and all I could do was laugh at this point. I literally thought, "Now I've really got something to blog about." No one evacuated, so Clark laid down with Andrew and got him to sleep within ten minutes. I just put Corinne in bed with us where she contentedly cuddled with Clark the whole night. It could only get better, right?
Coming up... Sea World - Part II

Edited* Sorry about the text - I can't get it to keep from running altogether like that!


Yikes! Poop in the pool, fire alarms in the hotel.....perhaps the ONLY consolation is that it is quite blogworthy! :-)
Funny coincidence, we're on vacation this week too-traveled with the kids--and were debating about doing SW (we ended up deciding against it).
Can't wait to read part two! Take care, friend!

Friday, 22 May, 2009  

HA! that's the greatest!!! i know you were mortified at the moment, but it's gonna be a great story for andrew's wedding! HAHAHAHA

Friday, 22 May, 2009  

Oh, Erin. Those are some good times. I'm on the edge of me seat waiting for more good reading...

Friday, 22 May, 2009  

hahah--- oh no! Poor you and Clark! We have not had a family vacation yet (still stocking up on those leave-the-kid-with-the-parents kind of getaways). I'm anxious as well to hear how Part 2 plays out.

Friday, 22 May, 2009  

Newer Post Older Post Home