Lessons

Clark and I have been looking back at video we've taken of the kids since Corinne was born, and Andrew has changed so much! I know I've been blogging and talking about it, but it was strange to see it on tape. Although he is two, we are constantly enamored with him and his personality.

I've also been very convicted lately about how my relationship with Jesus (or lack thereof) will affect Andrew. Clark and I want him to be passionate about the Lord and worshipping him, but have I been showing him that??? The other night as we were leaving a friends house, he saw airplane lights in the sky and kept saying he was afraid of it. I was trying to explain the scripture "For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power and love" but ended up just telling him to tell God "I'm scared. Please help me trust you" It was neat to see him change from being scared to thanking God for the airplane and nighttime. This is where I realized, as I have been so often lately, that I let my fears consume me most of the time. I should take a lesson from Andrew and learn to be thankful instead of frightened!

Andrew taking a bubble bath for the first time.

Flying a kite with Grammy.

Jumping into the pool!



6 comments:

It's awesome Erin that you even take the time to think about raising up your kids to be a lover and a worshiper of Jesus! You are a fantastic mommy! Don't ever think you're not. God says you are His beloved daughter in whom He is WELL PLEASED! You do such a great job in raising those two precious children. Love you!

Wednesday, 12 September, 2007  

Thank you for sharing that.

Wednesday, 12 September, 2007  

erin, what profound thoughts and such encouragement as i embark on this journey of being a mom. thank you for reminding me that mason is not just for my pleasure but that God has entrusted him to me to raise to know and love Him. may we spur each other on in our relationship with the Lord so that our children will see our example.

Thursday, 13 September, 2007  

Hey Erin! So glad you keep us in the loop! You guys look happy! Adorableness everywhere! Amy Puls

Thursday, 13 September, 2007  

thanks for the honest blog post and the sweet pics of andrew.
(oh, and I love that you have the food network and the gap as some of your links!! )

Thursday, 13 September, 2007  

Erin, thanks for sharing! Your words are an encouragement to me.

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home