Andrew loves music and dancing. Yesterday we turned the full size mirror in our room on its side so he could watch his feet dancing in more space. Today he and I were dancing together and it just became this wonderful moment for a number of reasons.


Let me back up to fully describe. Lately I've been feeling very "depressed." I've always struggled with fears and anxiety, but its like all-consuming lately. Probably because my prayer request at Bible study last week was to be fully in love with God, and Satan will do anything to keep us from that right? Well, I've been feeling like such a bad mommy and a bad wifey and just completely unable to do anything right, from dinner to protecting my kids from getting hurt.


So, today Andrew and I start dancing to this song I've fallen in love with - Dancing Generation by Matt Redman. And it just consumed me. God's forgiveness and pleasure in me - and I just enjoyed this beautiful moment of dancing/worshipping with one of God's greatest gifts to me - Andrew. I just smiled and then I started crying with the joy of it!


Then, Andrew got sort of scared b/c Mommy was crying but I explained that I was so happy b/c God loves me and he said "God loves me" and then we kept dancing. It was great.

7 comments:

erin...so sweet as i picture you and andrew dancing together! he is such a blessing, and i am joyful to see you two sharing and "dancing" in God's love together!

Thursday, 27 September, 2007  

from what i hear around the house, everyone thinks you are an absolutely wonderful mommy. corinne even said so and we both know how high her standards are! you make me smile!

Thursday, 27 September, 2007  

You made me cry. That is a special moment. You are a fabulous mommy, wife, friend, and most importantly sister. You are one of God's special gift to me! Enjoy those moments with them. They grow up so fast!
Love ya!
~S

Thursday, 27 September, 2007  

what an awesome testimony of God's grace! I'm so glad you are catching the truth of who God made you... you ARE an incredible mommy (I've always thought so... we mommies need to tell each other that more often I think!), and you are a true friend and an inspiring woman of the Most High God! I love you!

Friday, 28 September, 2007  

I've always thought pretty highly of you too - great testimony, really touched my heart, thank you for sharing. I love you sis,
~L

Saturday, 29 September, 2007  

HHHMMM, I think something must be in the air...I've been feeling that way too. I've been praying about it and trying to spend more quality time with D. Darren will look at me at times and I get a glimps of God...God letting me know that he is here and things are just fine. Hang in there...As others have said your a good mommie. Someone else said that we should comment to other Mommies about them being good, I agree. It's hard to be a Mommie and for whatever reason most Dad's don't get the heavy dutiness of parenthood. Don't be so hard on yourself!!! Love ya' girl!! :-)

Sunday, 30 September, 2007  

man, i love that picture!

Tuesday, 02 October, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home