Oh the insanity!

Corinne did not go to sleep until 11 pm last night. Then she proceeded to wake up every two hours. This means I woke up every two hours, went in to nurse her b/c its the quickest way to get her back to sleep, and then did the whole dang thing over again two hours later.


I know, I know... many of you are probably thinking "bad mommying Erin! You're giving her what she wants by going in to her instead of letting her cry it out!" Well, I do agree with you. But the flip side to this argument is that there's another child in the house. Letting Corinne cry it out is not only disturbing to me, but to Andrew as well.


Now, on any other night, I would not have gone to her as many times. Yes, I would have made her cry it out. However, the night before last Andrew woke up at 2:00 am and started knocking on his door like it was the morning. You see, we still have the doorknob thingy on his door so that when he wakes up he can't just come out of his room. Well, he didn't go back to sleep. He just stayed awake, flipped on the light in his room, and kept randomly knocking. At 3:00, not wanting him to wake up Corinne, I went to his door and whispered into the crack "Andrew, its not time to get up. Go back to your bed." Well he started crying and saying "Mommy I need to see you." So, the short of it is: after a little time in our room with no success going back to sleep, I put him back in his bed, did the bedtime routine again, and he went back to sleep.


Where did it all go wrong??? Why are they having so much trouble sleeping? And how is it that Clark is oblivious?


Oh, the insanity!

4 comments:

I feel for you. Katherine wakes up every night at least once still and yes, I still nurse her back to sleep. We have gone through phases where I refused but I eventually give it at some point.

Thursday, 20 September, 2007  

Oh my my my my. Poor Erin! I have one word for you: sound machine.

Thursday, 20 September, 2007  

Hey, you know Ashley used to be the best sleeper and now she wakes up almost every night. This has been going on for about a year. I have no answers but at least I can say you aren't alone. That doesn't mean you can call me when you wake up to see if I'm up too!
~Staci

Friday, 21 September, 2007  

Do NOT feel that you are a bad mother...and who cares what others feel??? those people are NOT in the house with you!!! So sorry to hear about the disturbance...will pray for you. I totally understand what you mean by Clark not having a clue...i've said it in the past, god made us women for a reason~he made us tougher in many ways! "O) Good luck to you.

Sunday, 23 September, 2007  

Newer Post Older Post Home