There are no other words to describe this vacation - it truly was great! We could not have asked for a better week (a longer one, but not a better one). I am still amazed at how well the adults and children got along. And I still want to be friends with all of them! :)
- Clark getting to spend so much quality time with the kids, especially Andrew - we have underestimated how much they both need that
- catching up with the Fankhausers - such great friends who we love so much!
- seeing Andrew and Silas become best buds
- watching Corinne run around in the sand
- having family pictures made
- spending almost every afternoon in beach chairs with Alice and Carrie having "stare and share" time!
- bonfires on the beach after dark - plus smores! Thanks Carrie.
- sharing such a special place with family and friends - the beach is like breath to my lungs, it was a much needed vacation
The only difficult part of the trip was that the day before we left I found out someone very special to me had unexpectedly passed away. My youth pastor's wife died from a blood clot after surgery while in Bangkok, Thailand. They had just moved to China with their three youngest boys to teach.
I'll have to write another post about Ruth and how special she was and how much she means to me. I'm still processing a lot, and trying to reconcile her not being here anymore.
However, her passing did not overshadow this vacation. It encouraged me to enjoy life with my family and such great friends.
It was a great week. :)