But last week I got to meet The Pioneer Woman!!! If you don't know who she is, you have to go check out her website. After you're done reading this post, of course.

Ree Drummond started her blog a few years ago, and has become a blogging celebrity. Her website has five different blogs ranging from her life on a cattle ranch to cooking to photography. Recently, she wrote a cookbook that is now a New York Times Bestseller.

So last Tuesday, she was coming to Dallas to sign her cookbooks, and a couple of friends and I wanted to go meet her because we love her recipes. It was an adventurous day because we had to be at the bookstore when it opened that morning to get a colored wristband to reserve a spot in line for that night. Confused yet? In retrospect, I am so glad we did this because, although we were in the first color group, we still had to wait an hour and a half to meet her. She ended up signing books until 2:30am!

Once we had a wristbands, we didn't have to show up until that night before it started. What a relief!

Finally, the Pioneer Woman herself came out, said a few words, and then got down to business signing all those cookbooks.


I am so glad I had friends there with me to talk to and eat with after we were done. It was such a fun night!
Erin, Carrie, Pamela, and me

waiting in line

The Borders employee who took our picture managed to completely leave Pamela out, but otherwise I think its a good picture.

And, we spent all of ten seconds talking to her, but they were so worth it to have my cookbook autographed. :)



2 comments:

So, so jealous! How did I not know she was coming?!

Monday, 14 December, 2009  

I'm so jealous, too!! I knew a few people who were going out to the book signing, but I didn't know you were!! How fun!

I love Pioneer Woman!

Wednesday, 23 December, 2009  

Newer Post Older Post Home